Today was a chance to catch up after the first day when we sailed past the Snares Islands but it was too rough to put the Zodiacs in the water. Some hardy souls ventured out in the Zodiacs this afternoon but Jenny and I stayed on board. Not only was it foggy, there was a light rain and not an animal or bird to be seen. I didn’t want to get my camera wet again.
Gone was the beautiful sunshine of yesterday.
A panorama of the coastline from the ship. The Zodiacs were going to the right and around the headland and up the east coast to maybe another penguin rookery.
Example of a walkway on Enderby. Wherever we went on an island, you weren’t allowed to sit down anywhere or put your daypack or anything on the ground. People going on longer all day walks had to take a poo bag with them, but I don’t know how that worked because there’s no privacy anywhere and no trees to water or go behind!
Again from yesterday, gulls on a cliff face. Thousands. Actually I think these are albatross.
Can you believe these are penguins - again, thousands. All along the coastline.
Tomorrow we disembark at Port of Bluff and pick up a hire car, with Joy joining us for adventures on the South Island.







you should tell jenny to stick to the walk way haha
ReplyDeleteI guess the shape of the Stella hut is to protect from snow on the roof. (Deidre)
ReplyDeleteProbably!
Delete