My hardest day yet! Probably walked about 5km, up some steep bits, to albatross nesting, but I didn’t go all the way to the top. But that was in the afternoon, this morning we just went on a Zodiac cruise into the bay to a sea lion breeding place.
A mega herb - beautiful leaves!Huge sea lion
Some of the colony, with little pups.
A Campbell Island shag, endemic to the island.
A skua. There were many around the sea lion colony, preying on pups.Our landing spot on the island.
Example of the boardwalks we were on.
Buttercups - introduced together with dandelions.
Pretty white flower.
Pretty pink flower.
Albatross on nest.
Would you believe a greenhood orchid!
And another little orchid!
Interesting fluffy bird. Someone said it’s a Pippet, but I am not sure.
Plant - mega herb - with an orange flower.
Panorama from near the top of the hill.
















more pics please. Im envious I not there.
ReplyDeleteInteresting plants and birds. Not often you see an albatross..esp on land.
ReplyDelete